I'm so happy you're here and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! To make things as easy as possible, I've compiled this page to go over a general booking process and have included some commonly asked questions below.
Before consultation, it's important that we talk over the phone or through email so that we're both on the same page! I'll send over a questionnaire and we will discuss availability of your date, go over inspiration photos (if you have a Pinterest board, even better!), and get a rough idea of what types of arrangements you need. For the consultation, it's important to me to get to know you so that I can better design for your big day! If you want to meet at your favorite coffee shop or local wine bar, drinks are on me! If you're out of town, let's chat over Skype or Facetime! At our consultation we will go over color palettes, inspiration, the theme of your wedding, what flowers make you happy, style of your gown/suit/outfit, if there are any flower allergies, and what exactly your dream vision is. From that point I draw up a proposal (generally I will send over one that is strictly in budget, and one that includes all of the dream items so you can see exactly what it takes to check off your wish list). After you receive the proposal I will also send over a contract and payment details, at which point you will have 10 days to send in the contract and payment to book the date. If we're not a good fit, that's okay too! If you can let me know if you're going another way within those 10 days it's super helpful so that I can open that day up to other clients. Additionally, if I'm booked on your day I would love to send you recommendations of other local floral designers who might be a good fit for you!
- What's your pricing? Wedding flowers are generally around 15% of your total wedding budget, but this amount varies greatly based on many things- guest count, number of centerpieces, how many bridesmaids and groomsmen there are, if you will be needing any installations, etc. A typical wedding with M Floral Boutique starts at $3000, but I am also happy to accommodate the bride who only needs a bridal bouquet and boutonniere. If you have a small budget, let me know right away so I can best accommodate you! We do have an exclusivity clause, so we do ask that we are the sole provider of flowers (fresh or artificial).
- Can I get a quote by telling you how many of each items I need? No, not really- but I'm happy to talk with you in detail and find out your style, wish list, and exactly what you need- and then quote you. There is so much that goes into wedding flowers. Each wedding is completely custom and there are no packages. Every single decision influences flower pricing (such as what flowers are in season, stem count, style of design, etc.). Please be upfront with your budget so that I can design your flowers to stay within your budget. Just remember- the royal wedding cost roughly $650,000 (just for flowers!) and Kim Kardashian's cost $136,000. Budgets aren't usually that high, but if the designer does not know, they may quote you a lot higher than you can afford. Never be afraid to ask what you can do to keep it in line with what pricing you need it to be at. Some things may have to be changed or removed, but it is possible to keep in budget!
- What information is included in the proposal? Proposals include descriptions of the style of the arrangements and the pricing involved. There are no hidden fees- what is in the proposal will be what's in the final invoice provided there are no changes on your end. We do not give out specific flowers before booking, but are happy to go into detail after the retainer is paid. We also do not ever give out specific stem counts (flowers vary in size since we cannot control mother nature, so some arrangements may have more or less flowers but will still be the same size).
- How early should I book? Any time between 2-12 months before the wedding (although 5-10 is ideal). It is highly recommended that the venue, bridal gown, and color scheme are chosen before booking the flowers. If you are further than a year out I am happy to start talking with you about your big day, but at this time a hold retainer will be placed to book the date and we will begin the planning process at roughly 6-8 months out. The hold retainer is placed toward the final payment and is non-refundable.
- When is payment due? A 25% non-refundable retainer is due upon booking. The balance is due 4 weeks before the wedding date.
- Do you have rental items? We do! Let us know what you need and in the event we do not have it, we're happy to help you find it!
- How do I lock in my date? A signed contract and a 25% retainer or hold date retainer will secure your date.
- How else can you help me? If you need any recommendations of other local vendors, I'd be happy to send you my recommendations! I have personally worked with many different venues and vendors and would love to send over their information.
- Who do you do flowers for? Anyone and everyone! We do not discriminate based on color, gender, age, orientation, religion, or anything else. We are happy to design for your wedding as long as you are a human (although I would definitely do flowers for a dog wedding if that's a thing...)
- What if I have a question that's not on this list? Please reach out to us! We're happy to answer any questions you may have! You can easily fill out the contact form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org